With this in mind – how much do you know about the Internet?
Regardless if you know much or nothing at all are we quite sure that you won't know the following facts.
Here are TEN fun and totally useless facts that you probably did not know about the Internet:
1. The phrase World Wide Web was coined by Tim Berners-Lee in 1990.
2. The first ever bought domain name was symbolics.com – not much to look at today, we might add.
3. The most expensive domain name ever is sex.com that got sold for about $11 million – the type in traffic alone apparently makes it worth its price.
4. In 2008 were there 215 million households with online access in the U.S.
Which corresponds to 71.4% of the U.S population.
5. Iceland is the country with the most Internet users per capita: 86% of the population.
6. There are still around 18 countries in the world that do not have any Internet connection.
7. Google has about 3,000 employees all over the world and they go under the name "Googlers".
The Google headquarters is called the Googleplex.
8. The Martini was the most popular cocktail to search for on Google in 2008.
9. Each month the average Internet surfer visits 59 domains, views 1,050 web pages and spends 25 hours doing all of this.
10. "Google" has been searched on Google.com 2.7 billion times.